15 September 2020
- You want to see your crew in good health since they are the most important asset for the good performance of your vessel. No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Crew insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits for your crew.
- As a shipowner or a crewing agency you have payment obligations arising from collective bargain agreements and local laws and regulations. These obligation can become financial challenging. A crew insurance will give you a peace of mind
- A crew insurance reduces stress during difficult times. No one knows what is around the corner. Unexpected tragedies such as illness, injury or permanent disability, even death – can leave the crew member and their family facing emotional stress, and even grief. With a crew insurance in place, the crew and their family’s financial stress will be reduced, and they can focus on recovery.
- Your crew knows that they will receive good healthcare when they get sick or hurt. That is a reassuring thought and will give your crew the peace of mind they need when working on a ship. Unfortunately seafarers are now facing a difficult time due to the Covid-19 and it is extremely challenging to get the crew to their loved ones. But when a crew member needs to be repatriated, the crew-manager together with the insurance company, will do everything in their power to make sure they can get home.
- With a crew insurance you are able to maximize the assistance to your seafarer when it matters most.